Student and Active Duty Membership Marketing Manager, United States Naval Institute, Annapolis, MD
Responsible for improving the Naval Institute’s positioning with young, active duty officer and enlisted professionals.
ABOUT THE U.S. NAVAL INSTITUTE
For over 140 years – going back to our founding in 1873 – the Mission of the United States Naval Institute has been to provide an independent forum for those who dare to read, think, speak, and write in order to advance the professional, literary, and scientific understanding of sea power and other issues critical to national defense.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Working directly for the Executive Vice President, Membership and Marketing, and in close cooperation with the cross-business line Marketing Executive Committee, the Student and Active Duty Membership Marketing Manager will be exclusively focused on improving the Naval Institute’s positioning with young active duty professionals – officer and enlisted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Working closely with appropriate professional staff, identifies relevant content, develops, tests and continuously refines ongoing, targeted student communications using the full spectrum of both traditional and new communication channels.
2. Draft and/or edit marketing and tailored communications materials targeted directly at student and active duty members and prospects.
3. Develops, tests, and refines ongoing communication targeted at instructors in order to encourage the use of Naval Institute content to augment classroom discussions.
4. Seeks creative ways to increase student awareness of the Naval Institute as a professional resource among a wide range of junior officer and enlisted training and service schools.
5. Subject matter expert on junior officer commissioning sources.
6. Working closely with the Foundation, manages all aspects of the student (gift) membership initial and repeat signup processes in order to achieve the maximum possible acceptance rates.
7. Regularly tests and refines the student membership “onboarding” process, striving for verifiable evidence that student have cognitive awareness of their membership benefits.
8. Working closely with Conferences and Special Events, develops and implements highly targeted outreach opportunities.
9. Ensures membership value proposition is incorporated into all marketing and communication activities.
10. Develops, tests, and refines strategies and tactics targeted toward the conversion of students into regular paying members.
11. Establishes sponsored to non-sponsored membership conversion and renewal rates, then develops and implements marketing strategies to improved performance.
12. Working closely with the Membership Marketing Manager, ensures all student renewals are handled with special care and attention.
13. Develops and deploys surveys that solicit feedback from student and active duty members to monitor their overall satisfaction with membership. Recommends changes to strategy based on this feedback.
14. Forms student and active duty advisory groups and committees as necessary to promote communication and increased awareness of the Institute as a professional resource.
15. Seeks ways to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree preferably in Communications, Marketing, and/or Digital Media.
• Excellent copy writing and project management skills with a track record of using marketing and communications to generate positive outcomes.
• Proven marketing experience, especially using social media channels.
• Highly effective communicator.
• Self starter and organized problem solver.
• Willingness to travel (less than 10%).
• Creative, member-focused individual motivated to succeed and self-direct.
• Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, manage multiple priorities and stay highly organized especially with high volume, numerous details and often under tight deadlines.
• E-mail your resume and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org.