Trinity Corporate Services is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Government Relations Professional in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of “Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, the Government Relations Professional will report to the Vice President of Public Affairs and conduct strategic analysis of existing and potential markets. The Government Relations Professional will also be expected to collect and analyzes data on established and prospective customers and competitors. Furthermore, the Government Relations Professional will be responsible for compiling relevant market data and writing detailed market reports. As a member of the Public Affairs team, the Government Relations Professional will contact potential and current customers to collect and provide information. Additional responsibilities will include preparation of written executive reports and visual presentations which interpret market conditions and trends for senior leadership. The Government Relations Professional will work independently to produce daily news products, weekly and monthly news reports. Moreover, the Government Relations Professional will assists with reports and presentations for the company political action committee. The Government Relations Professional will also provide timely and accurate products that demonstrate strategic, competitive insight so leadership can make informed decisions about future strategic initiatives. Finally, the Government Relations Professional will provide products that detail the impact of external influences (economic, regulatory, political and demographic) on products, resources, competitors and markets.
• Prepares executive level market analysis: identifies markets; defines trends, sets objectives, designs courses of action
• Conducts daily research for relevant news and produces in-house daily market review and close of business report
• Examines wide ranging trade materials, obtains information to identify prospective customers and key individuals responsible for procurement. Advises of potential customers, markets, trends and developments
• Collects, updates and maintains competitive intelligence analytics for existing and emerging competitors in a single database. Maintains major development tracking database. Develops and maintains key industry and political profiles for senior leadership
• Develops strategic market studies and analysis. Builds visual presentations and written reports on market initiatives
• Analyzes and interprets information to provide insights and predictions at a macro (corporate strategy) and micro (product, sales and marketing initiatives) level
• Assesses key performance indicators to recognize trends and patterns of behavior
• Assists with political action committee databases, recruitment and presentations
• Works with senior management, product management, marketing and sales personnel in numerous business units
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 year’s work experience preferably in Business, Economics or Journalism
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience involving the analysis of markets and promotion of products and campaigns
• Experience in creating, implementing and managing efficient reporting systems to distribute information in a timely fashion
• Possesses ethical research and analysis techniques
• Must be a self-starting team player, who is mission focused and works well individually and in a small team setting
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to accurately investigate, prepare and develop forecasts, reports, marketing tools (slides, photos, booklets) in timely, cost effective manner
• Ability to present a positive image in representing the Company and promoting its products at conferences, conventions, town hall meetings, etc.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with company personnel, elected officials and others within the industry
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas and fresh approach to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.