Manager, Constituent Relations and Communications, Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, Washington DC
Organization: The Jump$tart Coalition is a non-profit coalition of about 150 organizations that share a commitment to financial literacy, especially for pre-kindergarten through college-age students. The coalition also includes a network of 49 affiliated state coalitions. Jump$tart is based in Washington, DC. More information about the organization can be found atwww.jumpstart.org.
The Manager of Constituent Relations and Communications will support and serve two of Jump$tart’s key constituencies—national coalition partners and affiliated state coalitions—principally through communication and coordination efforts. As part of a small national team, the Manager of CRC will also contribute to a variety of other Jump$tart initiatives and administrative activities.
• Write, edit, and support Jump$tart communications, as assigned. These initiatives may include print and electronic publications, the Jump$tart website, grant proposals, reports and correspondence, with some emphasis on social media.
• Write, edit and administer the State Cents e-newsletter; provide general support to the state coalition websites; and administer state coalition listservs.
• Serve as the administrative point of contact for state coalition leaders and Regional Directors. Support state coalition activities, including meetings, calls, and initiatives.
• Support coalition partner activities and events, including the Annual Awards Dinner, Financial Literacy Day on Capitol Hill, Financial Literacy Month, board and partner meetings, and the National Educator Conference.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills are required. Must have a strong grasp of grammar and journalistic style.
• Must be comfortable with online communications and social media.
• Administrative and planning skills necessary, including the ability to manage schedules, maintain electronic and paper-based files, and coordinate logistics, shipping and correspondence.
• Must be interested in financial literacy and have previous exposure to financial topics.
• Must be a team player and have a “service” demeanor.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and two years’ relevant experience –five years’ relevant experience a plus.
• Full time, traditional work week.
• Work from the Washington DC Headquarters office. May be required to share office space. Telecommuting on an occasional basis only.
• Limited travel and offsite work, as assigned. Limited evening/weekend hours to attend events.
• Regular telephone and computer-based communications with widespread constituents.
• The Manager, CRC will report to the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with Jump$tart Regional Consultants.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Benefits include health insurance and eligibility for 401k and annual incentive compensation.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position. Candidates must be available to start by January 2, 2014.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your résumé as an attachment to:firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Manager, Constituent Relations and Communications” as your subject line. Use the body of the e-mail as your cover letter and convey, specifically, why you are interested in working for a financial literacy coalition. Please be concise. Please do not include any other attachments at this time. Candidates selected for interviews may be asked to provide writing samples and additional information. Please provide salary requirements. We regret that we will have very limited ability to respond to questions. No phone calls, please.
Application period closes: Wednesday, November 27, 2013.