This position is responsible for managing public relations, internal
communications, corporate branding, crisis and issues management, media
relations, social media PR and secondary support for community
relations, and government relations. A background providing counsel and
support to executives and exceptional writer with excellent analytic
skills is desired.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of
- Direct the travel public relations effort to ensure that HE&R
receives positive maximum exposure. Create a strong internal public
relations team to manage long term strategy and day to day needs all in
pursuit of proactive, positive public relations messaging in all key
geographic and consumer markets. Geography to include:
local...regional...national effort - customer targets include families,
couples, women, spa goers, golfers, mature travelers, epicureans, group
- Develop the annual PR plan in conjunction with each respective
partner and develop the overall strategies in collaboration with
marketing for each area. Hold accountable the partner for executing the
plan and adjust objectives as business conditions warrant. Complete
management of these relationships in the responsibility of this
- Work in concert with the leadership across the company to support
events, new attractions, renovations - anything that develops which
requires creative writing and summarizing details into concise messaging
- then successfully take that messaging out across a variety of
environments - media channels, internal and external presentations, etc.
(Press events, Rotary luncheons, company employee gatherings.)*
- Develop relationships with key media decision makers - network and
cable TV, radio station personnel, major market US newspapers, national
consumer magazines, hospitality, travel, restaurant, lodging trade
publications, special interest publications and websites, syndicates,
newsletters, freelancers, small newspapers on the East Coast,
publications, radio and TV outlets where Hershey, PA advertises - know
the right people in order to be successful in placing positive
- Develop a team of polished, proactive public relations professionals
who can represent our company with an image and messaging that develops
and reinforces our corporate brand and our individual branding
strategies across the operations and then ensure communications efforts
are consistent with the corporate voice.*
- Work with internal leadership and Hershey Interest public relations
professionals and develop positive, productive working relationships
which will ultimately be beneficial in pursuit of desired results.*
- Develop strategic planning and execution around a unified approach to
- Continue to incorporate crisis communications competencies within the
communications team - including the ability to act as a corporate
spokesperson - when required.*
- Manage (with Marketing) the social PR position -and be involved in
the strategic planning around that how to best manage conversations in
the social media space.
- Participate in strategy around our Government Relations and Community
Relations efforts to maximize the company's objectives on both fronts.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of (5) five years of related experience in
- Minimum of (3) three years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelors degree required; In lieu of a degree, (4) four years
relevant work experience can be substituted.
- Must possess a valid Drivers license.
- Experience in an Amusement Park environment helpful.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, set priorities, meet
deadlines and follow up on assignments with minimal direction or
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional
- Reaching Forward Occasional
- Climbing Stairs Occasional
- Lifting Occasional
- Reaching Overhead Occasional
- Finger Dexterity Occasional
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional
- Stooping Occasional
- Bending Occasional
- Sitting Frequent
- Standing Occasional
- Walking Frequent
This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish
unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close
distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement
This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed
information to others either by phone or in person.
Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign
or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Please apply online at