Video Producer, Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound, TX
SALARY: $42,182.27 /Year
OPENING DATE: 12/26/11
CLOSING DATE: 01/08/12 11:59 PM
Creates original programming for the Town's cable TV channel including
writing scripts, directing videos, incorporating audio and visual
graphics, and editing and provides support involving audio and video
1. Writes, produces, directs, shoots, edits, and airs governmental
programming on Town cable channel.
2. Creates electronic FMTV bulletin board including creating slides and
3. Updates FMTV programming schedule.
4. Catalogs video recordings of meetings and makes copies as requested.
5. Assists other departments in utilizing audio / visual media.
6. Records and broadcast board and commission meetings and other special
events as assigned.
7. Assumes responsibility for citizen volunteers related to audio/video
functions including schedules and training.
8. Acquires programming from outside sources for on-air presentation.
9. Resolves media equipment problems.
10. Adheres to personnel, departmental, and safety policies and
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferably in broadcast journalism, radio, television or film
production, or a related field. In lieu of degree, must have five years
of progressively responsible experience in a related field. Experience
in audio/video activities is required. Must have a valid Texas driver's
license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
Must have excellent English communication skills, both oral and written,
to include spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. To
perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to understand
and carry out oral and written directives; work well under pressure and
stress; handle multiple tasks; prioritize and organize work assignments;
make competent decisions; lift up to 25 lbs; able to see, hear, talk,
and write; maintain a pleasant and friendly demeanor at all times; and
maintain confidential matters. Understand the concept of customer
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.flower-mound.com
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
2121 Cross Timbers Rd
Flower Mound, TX 75028
An Equal Opportunity Employer