The individual will be a critical member to the newly established communications department. The position will report into the VP of Communications, and will provide some administrative assistance to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Assist with coordinating various media requests and pitching news stories to reporters.
• Facilitate press events, including media tours, to highlight the organization.
• Draft text and assist with compilation, editing and production of internal and external newsletters to report regular updates and activities to our key constituents.
• Assist with preparation, organization and formatting of annual report.
• Work with digital team to ensure we leverage social media properties to communicate our messages.
• Assist with the creating and maintaining basic PR tools (press kits, online media room, staff bios, awards submissions, editorial calendars and speaker calendars).
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or marketing.
• 1-2 years related experience in the field, and basic knowledge for working with the press.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Some knowledge of graphic design software preferred, but not required.
• Strong candidates will also have an interest in and passion for the music industry.
To be considered, candidates must submit their resume and three (3) writing samples to email@example.com.