Public Relations Internship Position
Eberly & Collard Public Relations is a full-service Public / Media Relations and Advertising firm specializing in the Home, Garden, Design, and Agribusiness Industries. The company’s clients are located regionally, nationally and internationally. Client services primarily include Public Relations, Media Relations, Social Media, Marketing Planning / Execution, Brand Development / Execution, Market Research, Copywriting, Photography, and Advertising. The firm is located in downtown Atlanta. Web site:www.eberlycollardpr.com
The Public Relations Intern will be responsible for assisting and supporting the co-owners and employees / subsidiaries of the company in a variety of functions essential to fundamental Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising programs / campaigns as well as assisting with client / account management. This is a non-paid position, however there will be a monetary bonus based on performance at the end of the term. This is for winter 2012 or early spring 2012.
The position involves some or all of the following:
- Conducting media research.
- Managing media and client mailings.
- Building, generating, and maintenance of detailed media lists.
- Writing press releases and, potentially, some bylined articles.
- Researching and writing basic case-studies.
- Assisting with the development of story angles and brainstorming.
- Researching, writing, posting, and tracking varied / diverse and strategic blog posts, tweets, photo uploads, Facebook Fanpage posts, etc. for firm and clients.
- Disseminating and tracking press releases and other news.
- Assisting with photoshoots and coordinating interviews.
- Coordinating and assisting with tradeshows.
- Scheduling and assisting with Speakers’ Bureau / press tours.
- Preparing and mailing a variety of packets to editors, clients, and others.
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings.
- Maintaining / organizing hardcopy and electronic file systems.
- Attending some meetings and taking meeting minute-notes.
- Researching, organizing, and managing media clippings.
- Preparing, sending, tracking digital photo libraries to editors, clients, and others.
- Submitting and tracking print ads to publications.
- Typing, copying, dictate writing, letter writing, going on errands for the business, etc.
- Assisting with reading / monitoring all publications important to the company / clients.
- Generally meeting clients’ / personnel needs and expectations.
- Writing reports that outline PR activities / deliverables.
- Potentially interfacing with the media on behalf of the company / clients.
- Working across necessary functions and channels with the objective of assisting with new business account development; learning the phases and implementation of sales outreach, contacts, evolution, and closing.
- Managing varied facets of organized and strategic sales research and efforts.
- Superior research, writing, and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of Associated Press guidelines.
- Extremely organized.
- Self-motivated / driven.
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability and flexibility to juggle tasks.
- Ability to work under and meet tight and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills and team player attitude.
- College studies in one of the following: Public Relations, Marketing, Ag Communications, or Journalism.
- Computer versed to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and strong familiarity with PowerPoint, PhotoShop and various Social Media outlets and formats.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday from 8:30 to 5:30.
- Submit / email cover letter, resume, and reference list (Must send all three to be considered). Indicate availability.
- Please include school and/ or professional writing samples.
- All submissions / applications will be kept confidential.
- Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with “PR Internship Application 001” in the subject line.
- NO phone calls or faxes, please.
- When applying, mention that you saw the job on Journalism Jobs.