The Company:Two simple words remind us that great ideas shatter expectations.
Two simple words set Ketchum apart.
When we say break through, it means our employees work to create the changes our clients seek, to exceed their expectations, and to bring tangible benefits to their business and fulfillment to our own careers. This belief has led to enjoyable and long-standing relationships with our clients, who entrust us with many of the best-known brands in the world, and with the up-and-comers that will be tomorrow’s top brands. It’s what sets Ketchum apart, what attracts people to Ketchum, and what makes them want to stay!
Additional information on Ketchum and its award-winning work can be found at www.ketchum.com.
The Position:Under the general direction of senior team members, coordinate and manage the activities necessary to meet client and agency needs. This position is in the corporate practice at Ketchum New York working on 2-3 corporate clients, specifically in the areas of reputation management, media relations and overall corporate communications.
- Responsible for the day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client, occasionally taking an active role in program development and consistently playing an active role in the development of media materials.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to accommodate and better anticipate their needs; respond to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials including media materials, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Develop and write media releases, fact sheets, and photo captions.
- Implement media events, press conferences/briefings, media tours, etc. and develop editorial/media contacts.
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations.
- Initiate and maintain a variety of status files including conference reports, contracts, job starts, production estimates, competitive activity and job status reports.
- Monitor internal status of jobs and due dates; advise senior team members of developments; verify billing accuracy.
- Facilitate and coordinate various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Research and pitch ideas to target media.
- Demonstrate a team player attitude by being flexible and responsible; be a self-starter.
- Continuously strive to increase knowledge of company policies and procedures as well as client business.
Minimum Qualifications:Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field
- Two or more years experience in public relations or a similar position in a non-agency setting
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to grasp complex business related subject matter of clients’ business
- Familiar with social media platform and how to use it to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/social media pages, plus hands-on experience generating awareness through social media and online communities in relation to broader media mix
- Ability to actively participate in the development of social media plans
- Growing aptitude to translate trends, technologies and metrics into conversational English
Ketchum and its subsidiaries do not accept resumes from independent recruiters or persons other than the applicant via Ketchum.com. Ketchum therefore does not recognize any claim for recruiting, referral or any other fees arising out of applicants engaged or hired by Ketchum or its subsidiaries with respect to resumes received via Ketchum.com in violation of this policy. By submitting a resume to Ketchum via Ketchum.com, you acknowledge that you are aware of Ketchum’s policy and unconditionally waive any and all recruiting, referral or any other fees based on such submission.