DEPARTMENT: PBS Interactive
STATUS: Credit Only/Part-time/Temporary
TIME COMMITMENT: 20-30 hours/week, January – May 2012
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE :
- The PBSi is seeking an intern candidate who wants to learn more about the publishing and promotion of content on digital platforms; including the PBS.org homepage, video portal, mobile apps, and online newsletters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Assist PBS Interactive team members with the daily programming of PBSi sites/apps
- Write promotional copy
- Select and edit images for content promotion
- Assist with the production of editorial/promotional stunts
- Coordinate web-deliverables from producers and the PBS Media Operations Center
- QA metadata and video files
- Input metadata into admin tools
- Perform assigned research
- Gather metrics
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- The PBSi is seeking an intern candidate who has some experience in multiplatform online publishing. This candidate will work on the PBS.org home page, video portal, mobile apps, social media efforts and newsletters.
- The candidate should demonstrate strong computer skills, including some proficiency with MAC and PC software (Word, Xcel, Photoshop, Final Cut, FTP, Admin Tools etc).
- Preferred applicant should be studying in a combination of these fields:
- Web Development
- Interactive Media
- Online Video Production
- The candidate should be a college student with strong interest in online video and Web 2.0 practices.
OTHER DESIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/QUALITIES:
- PBSi is seeking a candidate who is outgoing, able to multi-task, willing to learn and collaborate within the organization. Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be highly organized and pay attention to details.
SKILLS THE INTERN MIGHT GAIN :
- Hands on experience in the fast-evolving multiplatform publishing industry
- Digital strategies and how to execute them
- Develop copywriting, image editing, and online video production skills
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D