BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: An assistant account executive must have good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The assistant account executive should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, proficiency with Microsoft Office, excellent organization skills, and the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines. S/he must have a strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work. Previous internship experience is preferred.
· Provide client service administration support; attend meetings, handle scheduling, logistics and provide billing support
· Research, compile and analyze client media coverage
· Write, edit and proofread materials including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and client correspondence
· Demonstrate general knowledge of social media tools
· Build lists and pitch media
· Help supervise interns/trainees
· Participate in new business process including research and proposal preparation
· Commit to continuous learning through Edelman University and other training opportunities
· Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
ABOUT EDELMAN: Edelman is the world’s largest independent public relations firm, with wholly owned offices in 54 cities and 4,000 employees worldwide. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade and one of its “2010 A-List Agencies” and “2010 Best Places to Work;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” European Excellence Awards’ “2010 Agency of the Year;” Holmes Report’s “Agency of the Decade” and “2009 Asia Pacific Consultancy of the Year;” and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Blue (advertising), StrategyOne (research), Ruth (integrated marketing), DJE Science (medical education/publishing and science communications), and MATTER (sports, sponsorship, and entertainment).
Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer