Successful candidates will possess good critical thinking skills, a professional and can-do attitude, and an eagerness to grow as part of the Porter Novelli team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching online communities and networks for list building purposes
- Building relationships with online influencers
- Collaborating in the development of written materials including pitch letters, status reports, etc.
- Support media relations efforts including media clipping, media list development, and pitching
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute to strategy development
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the team as needed
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must.
- Ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments.
- Solid critical thinking skills.
- General understanding of public relations concepts, tactics and media relations.
- Positive, professional, and flexible attitude that lends itself to quality client service.
- Specialization or coursework taken in Communications, Journalism, English, or other PR related discipline
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Prior social media experience a plus
- Agency or in-house public relations internship experience preferred.
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual's ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.