Cone Inc. Fall 2011 Internship Program (Part-Time)
Cone offers a comprehensive Internship Program to qualified students who seek hands-on experience in the Public Relations field. We offer our Internship Program each semester on a year-round basis (Spring, Summer and Fall). Internships include participation in daily work on account teams and in several topical and instructional workshops.
This is an unpaid internship for school credit only and we require two full days of participation per week.
We offer internship opportunities in the following areas*:
• Brand Marketing
• Cause Branding
• Corporate Responsibility
• Crisis & Issues Management
• Knowledge Leadership & Insights
• Business Development
• New Media
• Human Resources
We seek intern candidates who echo Cone's core values of Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Intellectual Curiosity and Commitment to Excellence in everything they do. Previous internship experience in PR or communications is desired as well as an academic focus in a relevant field of study.
Applications for Fall 2011 are being accepted and considered. The Fall Internship Program runs from 9/19 to 12/16.
*Having trouble deciding what type of internship would best suit you?
• Are you curious about how brands operate and how they try to reach consumers? Are you interested in pitching the media and observing how reporter/blogger relationships work? Are you an active social media user? Do you keep up with the news and popular blogs? Do you consider your writing a strength? Brand Marketing might be for you.
• Do you have a passion for philanthropy and an understanding of non-profits and social issues? A desire to work on detailed research projects and media scans? If you're looking for a rewarding experience in marketing, Cause Branding might be for you.
• Are you concerned about today's most pressing issues (e.g., climate change, human rights, clean water)? Are you curious about how companies communicate their sustainability initiatives to differentiate themselves from their competitors or to motivate their employees? Are you interested in how some companies are able to do well by doing good? Corporate Responsibility might be for you.
• Do you work best under pressure? Enjoy fast-paced research? Like to follow news coverage on crises like the BP oil spill? An internship in Crisis & Issues Management may be for you.
• Does market research and consumer behavior fascinate you? Are you interested in learning more about Cause Branding and Corporate Responsibility? Want to keep a pulse on current business trends and help shape the future? Perhaps an internship in Knowledge Leadership & Insights is for you.
• Do you enjoy learning about brands, companies and industries? Do you like helping to develop marketing communications plans? Having trouble choosing which Cone discipline would be right for you? How about a taste of all of them by interning on the Business Development team?
• You're right for Cone's New Media team if you are energized by the intersection of technology and marketing. You have strong marketing/communication skills and see the value that New Media brings to this industry. You tweet, post, checkin, tag, upload and dream about what makes something "viral" -- and you want to learn firsthand how online technology, social and data metrics are applied to campaigns for big brands.
• If you're an aspiring designer with a knack for layout and visual storytelling and a solid comfort level with Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and MS Powerpoint, consider applying to intern with our Creative Team. You will assist with a variety of day-to-day projects, most notably the creation of mock-up images, logos and compelling Powerpoint presentations for current clients and business opportunities.
• Curious about how successful companies retain talented people? Do you want to learn about recruitment strategies and how to conduct interviews? Do you have a strong commitment to ethics and a knack for recognizing a person's potential? Consider joining the Human Resources team for an internship.
No emails please! Apply directly on our site at http://www.coneinc.com/careers/index.php