PAID PR FALL INTERNSHIP, GYMR Public Relations, Washington, DC
GYMR Public Relations in Washington, DC is looking for paid, full-time interns for fall 2011. Interns work closely with account teams and participate in a variety of client-related activities. Responsibilities may include preparing targeted media lists, conducting research, assisting in partnership development, monitoring issues in the national media, participating in brainstorms and providing administrative support, as needed. GYMR interns gain valuable media relations; partnership building and health policy experience and often contribute to and provide support for national campaign launch events, and press
conferences. Applications will be accepted until August 3, 2011.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills, attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments
• Proficiency in Lexis-Nexis, Factiva and other online searchable databases
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and writing skills – a writing test will be administered at the time of the interview
• Strong interpersonal skills
• College degree in communications or related field preferred.
• The position is full time – 40 hours a week at $12/hour; $480 a week.
• Unpaid leave for vacations, appointments, etc., can be arranged.
• Internship dates are August 22, 2011 – December 30, 2011. You must be able to work through the internship end date.
• Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Send resume to:
GYMR Public Relations
1825 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20009
*No phone calls please*