Job Summary: Public Relations Coordinator will contribute to Council’s Marketing and Communications Team goals by:
- Supporting the execution of a variety of project work, including donor-related media relations and promotions, completing a wide variety of writing and editing assignments (press releases, newsletter articles, web copy), conducting PR-related research, generating media lists via Vocus software, creation of presentations, facilitating internal/field communications and logistics/planning for meetings and conferences
- Establishing positive working relationships with donors, the 4-H system, USDA and other Council teams on behalf of the SVP/Chief Marketing Officer(CMO) and the Marketing and Communications team
- Providing administrative support to SVP/CMO and team as necessary
- Maintaining/updating budgets, expense reports, and interfacing with Council’s Finance team members on monthly reporting
- Other assignments as needed
Qualifications: Entry-level public relations professional with a maximum of 1-2 years of PR experience and a related Bachelor’s degree; previous PR internship or previous PR experience is required (PR agency internship preferred); excellent writing skills, ability to communicate
effectively through telephone, email and written communications; ability to prioritize workload and to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; strong organizational skills, including flexibility and attention to detail; ability to take leadership and initiative; advanced in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Internet research. Basic knowledge of website content management systems.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter and one PR-related writing sample (press release, pitch, newsletter article, etc).
Email cover letter, resume and sample to: 4HMarketing@4-H.org
NATIONAL 4-H COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER