Director Of Communications / PR-Marketing
Young Hollywood, LLC
Los Angeles CA
Details: YoungHollywood, the authority on the vibe of the next generation, is currently hiring for an in-house PR/Marketing guru who can help build the YH brand through public awareness. Must have a strong database of contacts, developed relationships with talent and media, and an exceptional PR/Marketing background.
Director of Communications will consistently promote the YH brand, its ongoing news and announcements, entertainment marketing, and event marketing. They will help develop those marketing strategies and create a media arc that inspires strategic announcements (new distribution deals) with tactical ones (compelling content) to sustain measured interest over time. They will continually develop features to general market, lifestyle, and tastemaker press including: Business and Trade Media, Celebrity and Entertainment Weeklies and Electronic Media, Technology Media, Men’s and Women’s Fashion/Lifestyle, Teen, Avant-Garde Lifestyle, City Publications, and online media.
Applicant will be expected to:
• Develop overall PR strategy for communicating the multiple facets of the Young Hollywood Project
• Position Young Hollywood as the epicenter of Web 2.0 and the nexus of entertainment news, information, and culture
• Draft YH press materials and releases with YH principals
• Pitch Young Hollywood, on an ongoing basis, to germane print and media outlets
• Distribute marketing materials and press kits to pertinent media outlets
• Propose prospective advertisers, products, and subjects to Young Hollywood
• Act as a liaison between Young Hollywood and the celebrity community
• Build awareness of the YH Concept to all publicists, TV, film, music, and sports marketing people in order to identify as a place to go for their talent
Talent Media Development:
• Schedule press interviews for Young Hollywood CEO, as well as other main personalities
• Secure dedicated print and electronic interviews for the main personalities
• Draft and disseminate compelling column items, photo placements and other materials that build their media appeal
• Continually solicit profiles, articles and column items in entertainment trade and consumer media outlets, both print and electronic
• Create compelling TV segments to pitch for them
• Ensure main personalities invitation to appropriate events (product launches, industry premieres, screenings, parties, nightclub openings, and other events)
• Pitch celebrity cameo stories and reporting opportunities for personalities
Applicant must possess a great attitude, a go-getter personality, and a discreet and trustworthy nature.