The John Lennon Songwriting Contest
New York NY
DASVentures Ltd. is seeking an Assistant Director to handle all responsibilities of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest at its New York City headquarters.
DASVentures Ltd. oversees the operations of the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus and the John Lennon Songwriting Contest
The John Lennon Songwriting Contest is an international songwriting contest that began in 1997. The Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters who submit entries in any one of 12 categories. The JLSC is open year-round and features two Sessions -- with 72 Finalists, 24 Grand Prize Winners, 12 Lennon Award Winners and 1 ''Song of the Year.''
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is a non-profit 501(c)(3) state-of-the-art mobile audio and HD video recording and production facility. In its fourteenth year, with the very newest technology and gear, the Bus continues to be dedicated to providing young people with tours of the studios and participation in free songwriting and multimedia production workshops. With the assistance of three on-board engineers, students learn how to write, perform, record, and produce original songs, produce and shoot music videos and documentaries and complete a broadcast quality music video – all in one day!
Coordinate 72 Finalists, 24 Grand Prize Winners, 12 Lennon Award Winners and 1 Song of the Year over 12 months, handling all logistics regarding legal affidavits, prizes, online presentation and technical aspects.
Work directly with the Executive Director to launch web-based promotions and increase revenues.
- Answer phones, assist in managing office interns.
- Handle all customer service related to John Lennon Songwriting Contest and John Lennon Educational Tour Bus.
- Develop, implement and maintain all website related materials specific to the JLSC.
- Create and design logos, web banners and copy while coordinating with web developers to execute projects.
- Create and maintain social networking sites, such as but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and MySpace.
- Manage payment gateways and for a database consisting of over two thousand songwriters.
- Create marketing content and design for monthly newsletters about JLSC results, session openings and session closing reminders.
- Coordinate lead generation through the Contest and the Bus for email marketing using excel for the online mailing system.
- Collecting and assessing website analytics for purposes of understanding and optimizing website usage through programs such as: Lyris, Burrelles Luce, and Mad Mimi.
- Fulfill John Lennon Songwriting Contest prize obligations by coordinating shipments with major music and software companies both domestically and internationally.
- Work with our exclusive partner Sonicbids to develop new strategies to increase entries and contest awareness.
- Conceive and create mini contests to generate contest interest.
- Work with sponsors to create JLSC awareness on their micro-sites and social networks.
- Maintain relationships with past and current contest winners domestically and internationally to create ambassadors of the JLSC
- Work with artists that have participated in the JLSC for JLETB events and sponsor opportunities.
- Work with Artist and Management to ensure maximum return on artist involvement
-Secure and maintain relationships with music industry qualified judges
- Log, arrange, package and ship prizes. Track and notifiy recipients of shipment status.
- Create cost estimates for in office shipments.
Requirements and Skills:
- 2 years work experience
- HIGHLY organized, motivated, and creative self-starter who is also detail-minded and deadline oriented
- Well versed in Mac platforms and mobile applications
- A strong knowledge of: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Excel, Word, Photo and Audio file format conversion, and file compression
- A demonstrated interest in music
- Ability to communicate information and direction clearly through email and telephone
Must be a college graduate, preferred in Business Management or related field with some design knowledge.