Our Fellows are invited to join us in Half Moon Bay to learn how to live out their vocation of abolition and freedom.
Not For Sale’s Fellowship Program recruits and prepares dedicated individuals to become leaders in the modern day abolitionist movement.
Fellows work alongside National Staff, contributing to numerous projects and gaining dynamic hands-on leadership experience.
It is a six-month non-degree academic work program, designed to enhance one’s professional experience in a grassroots campaign and in the abolitionist movement.
NFSC demands a high level of professionalism and responsibility of all of its fellows, and is committed to providing meaningful training and leadership development for all fellowship participants.
Because these expectations go above and beyond what is typically expected of an intern, we have elected to use the term “fellowship” to describe the position as accurately as possible.
- 18 years or older
- Speak English fluently
- Responsible for their own transportation
- Have background knowledge in modern-day slavery
- Be able to work in a highly flexible work environment – be open to rapid deadlines and both independent and team settings
- Take initiative on various projects and platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Comfortable living in a group environment
- Potential fellows should feel comfortable and be responsive to constructive criticism