FASHION EDITOR / BLOG WRITER
SmoothStyle.com is looking for a trend conscience individual who can take leadership in an editor-type roll. This person will be responsible for contributing articles on a weekly basis relating to whats happening in the Mens Fashion Industry and Action Sports Industry, with a focus on California style. Each week a new topic will be chosen and a well thought out article offering suggestions on style will be presented. This person will also be overseeing the other contributors to ensure timely postings to our website, as well as editing content to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
• Ability to contribute one or more articles a week based on company's needs.
• Communicate with the team of contributing writers and editing their work.
• Ability to search out relevant stories to coincide with current and future trends around the world.
• Maintain a folder of works cited for reference.
• Ability to take photos with a digital camera to use with each articles topic or search through iStock for correctly corresponding photos.
• Working with other writers to develop new ideas for features and content.
• Update companys Facebook and Twitter account when new articles are posted to alert readers.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
• BA in Journalism or any fashion program with an emphasis on trends preferred.
• 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of both the mens fashion industry and action sports industry alike.
• Knowledge of MAC and Microsoft Office software.
• Must be able to come into office location in Torrance when needed, although working from home may be accepted.
• Must be able to provide examples of work.
Please also provide a reference to your work in form of a link
or Word/PDF attachment.