Publicity Coordinator, Fox Sports Radio
Job Description: This position is within the Public Relations/Marketing department, providing support to The FOX Sports Radio Network.
This department works strategically, creatively and innovatively to promote, protect and develop the public and internal images of the FOX Sports Radio Network, including its programming, talent and executives. This position is located in Sherman Oaks, CA.
The FOX Sports Radio Network, based in Sherman Oaks, Calif., is a division of Premiere Radio Networks in partnership with FOX Sports. All entities have combined their considerable resources to develop a turnkey personality-driven and caller-intensive programming opportunity for radio stations nationwide. With studios also in New York, Washington, D.C., Miami, Tampa, Phoenix, Seattle and San Antonio, the FOX Sports Radio Network can be heard on nearly 400 stations, as well as FOXSports.com on MSN and XM Channel 142. FOX Sports Radio features the following personalities: Stephen A. Smith, Dan Patrick, Chris Myers, Steve Hartman, Petros Papadakis, Matt “Money” Smith, Tony Bruno and JT “The Brick,” among others.
• Write and distribute press announcements and affiliate notices
• Monitor press coverage and distribute reports
• Monitor general media for opportunities for talent/executives
• Work with local media and station management when talent/programs are added to new affiliates, and when visiting affiliates or participating in local/national sporting events
• Work directly with show producers to develop PR opportunities from show content, interviews, guest appearances, etc.
• Field media calls and fulfill media requests
• Develop internal communications process for disseminating information to management team, affiliates, sales and others
• Attend/assist with special events
• Create and maintain media lists
• Maintain video and print archives • Create press materials for on-air talent/executives
• Perform various administrative tasks which may include making travel arrangements for talent/executives, creating reports, scheduling, research, answering phones, filing, and other tasks that may be assigned
Location: Southern California, CA
Employment Status: Full-Time
• 1-2 years experience in public relations, communications or marketing, with genuine interest and passion for sports • Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills a MUST
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, a strategic and creative thinker
• Works well in and enjoys a fast-paced environment; skilled multi-tasker able to juggle multiple projects with ease
• A person with a strong work ethic, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and can easily coordinate tasks with all personality types
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• College degree in English, communications, marketing or related field required To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com We are EOE
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, EAP, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Date Posted: 03/03/2010