PLANNED PARENTHOOD FEDERATION OF AMERICA
SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
NEW YORK CITY
About Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For more than 90 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible choices.
The Assistant to the President manages all daily operations for the President, Cecile Richards, including scheduling, travel, meeting preparation and attendance and all phone, email and written communications. The Assistant will be responsible for prioritizing all internal and external scheduling requests and oversees the President’s long-term schedule priorities ultimately assuring around the clock communication access to the Office of the President.
· Interact frequently and professionally with senior PPFA staff on behalf of the President and successfully represent the President to various public and private sector constituencies.
· Manage all aspects of scheduling meetings; confirm or send regrets for internal and external requests; make regular and timely calendar updates.
· Oversee the President’s movements from one meeting to another and occasionally staff her at events.
· Assure that the President is well briefed and prepared for events and that she vets speeches and talking points in advance.
· Lead weekly advance calendar meeting and manage weekly external affairs meeting.
· Manage the President’s incoming and outgoing email and mail, including drafting correspondence/documents as needed.
· Prepare, track and disseminate all written correspondence for the President including letters, memos and email.
· Answer all calls to the President, prioritize and relay messages in a timely manner.
· Respond to and schedule media interviews/appearances (via press staff).
· Manage all aspects of travel: book and confirm, assemble travel binder with advance memos.
· Work with appropriate staff to develop and get approval for talking points and speeches.
Key Selection Criteria
Demonstrated ability to:
· Communicate effectively
· Be assertive with executives
· Prioritize and juggle multiple demands
· Manage details
· Manage budgets
· Nurture and manage numerous internal and external contacts
· Anticipate needs and potential problems
· Balance speed with accuracy
· Write correspondence
· Deliver the highest level customer service
· Be culturally sensitive
· Be discrete and confidential
· Minimum of five years of experience.
· Experience staffing other high level executives, politicians preferred.
· Willingness to travel and to be available off-hours.
· Interest in women’s reproductive health and rights.
Email resume, cover letter, references, writing sample, and salary requirement to PPFASAP@fenton.com with the job title in the subject line. No calls please.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values team work, collaboration, creativity, and building a diverse team.