PLANNED PARENTHOOD FEDERATIONFor nearly a century, Planned Parenthood has fought for a world where every person has immediate and unfettered access to the basic reproductive care and knowledge that is their human right. With its 66 affiliates, managing nearly 700 health centers nationwide, Planned Parenthood provides family planning and reproductive health care services, education, and information to millions of women, men and young people each year.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
The Communications / Creative Services department at Planned Parenthood Federation has an opening for a Content Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy and Production, the Content Specialist provides substantive and administrative support to help ensure that Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s multimedia content is high-quality, engaging, and effective. TheSpecialist contributes to plans and concepts for videos and other content, shoots or edits some videos, processes a large volume of contracts/releases/payments, and has primary responsibility for maintaining systems to organize PPFA’s photo and video assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Shoots or edits video and/or photos, manages shoot logistics, and/or interfaces with contract shooters or editors. Has primary responsibility for simple in-house video and photo shoots (such as direct-to-camera videos for affiliate events and coalition efforts).
2. Regularly produces ideas and strategies for content-related projects that advance PPFA’s goals, and works with the Director of Content Strategy and Production to develop ideas into proposals. Stays abreast of developments in the field and innovative work by other organizations, and applies them to PPFA’s work. Participates in brainstorming sessions with other staff in Communications and cross-divisional staff and contributes creative, innovative, strategic concepts.
3. Handles all administrative functions for content work, which includes developing and shepherding a large volume of contracts, processing vendor payments, booking some travel, and maintaining project calendars.
4. Maintains PPFA’s Digital Asset Management system. Develops and adjusts systems for organizing/archiving videos and photos. Manually tags videos and photos so they can be easily retrieved. Responds to requests for assets from a range of stakeholders. Works with staff across divisions to ensure that system is meeting a wide range of needs for digital assets.
5. Creates materials as needed, which may include print materials, videos, presentations, briefs, etc.
6. Juggles an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work and ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and other staff are regularly updated about the status of projects.
7. Completes other projects and tasks (potentially a heavy volume) as needed.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training in related field is required.
Experience: At least two years of directly related work experience, including experience in live single-camera video production, editing and packaging, as well as administrative and project management functions.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong communications skills.
• Production experience.
• Strong video shooting and editing skills, including current multimedia production technology (Canon DSLR cameras), Final Cut Pro 7/Studio and Final Cut Pro X.
• Knowledge of video and audio production and post-production equipment.
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Photo Mechanic preferred.
• Experience and understanding of digital media world.
.• Experience working with multi-cultural workforce; sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences required
• Very strong verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly articulate reproductive health issues and advocacy issues.
• Commitment to quality, results, and superior performance.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Federation of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.