Job Title: PR Intern
Reports to: VP, Media Relations
Duration: Fall Semester
Compensation: Unpaid (for college credit)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Researching for media clips about UP and its programming via the internet and social media.
· Assisting creating & managing UP’s regular clip reports. Also, pulling together this information for a quarterly internal report.
· Assist with research and writing of press materials, bios, photo captions, tweets for PR Department’s PR account (@UPtvPR), etc.
· Assist with managing and populating internal UP Press Room (www.uptv.com/pressroom) with photos/captions, press materials, etc.
· Read scripts, screen movies/TV series episodes, and assist with identifying video clips to be used for publicity purposes
· Researching and management of general and targeted press lists
· Assist with compiling talent-related information (Twitter and Instagram addresses, birthdays, etc.)
· Assist with awards submissions
· Assist with press events
Communications or Public Relations Major at a four-year college or university; strong working knowledge of publicity. Experience with doing detailed internet searches. Must be a good writer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of the Word, Excel, Photoshop and social media platforms.
To apply, submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
For information on our company, visit www.uptv.com.
UP is the television network dedicated to uplifting viewers every day with original and acquired movies, reality and dramatic series, comedies and music specials. One of the most trusted family-friendly networks, UP can be seen in 67 million homes on cable systems and satellite providers across the United States in both standard and high definition. Along with its mission to entertain, uplift and inspire viewers, UP’s pro-social initiative “Uplift Someone” reminds and inspires people to do simple acts of kindness. Based in Atlanta, UP is a division of UP Entertainment, LLC, which also offers gMovies, the first faith-friendly streaming movie service and provides sales and operations services to the ASPiRE network.
Follow UP on the Web at www.UPtv.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/UPtv, Twitter on @UPtv and Instagram at UP_TV.