Established by Congress, the CDC Foundation helps the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) do more, faster, by forging public-private partnerships to support CDC’s 24/7 work to save lives and protect people from health and safety threats. The CDC Foundation annually manages more than 200 CDC-led programs in the United States and in 58 countries around the world.
The CDC Foundation is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist to provide writing, editing, design and administrative support to the communications department.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications or a related field, is required. Some communications-related work experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in website content management and social media.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with a variety of people.
- Basic design experience a plus.
- Support communications department administrative activities, including processing of invoices, expense reports and statements; maintaining budget tracking sheet; tracking stationery inventory and ordering business cards and general supplies for the communications team; updating weekly calendar; distributing team meeting agenda; and assisting with meeting preparation (creating folders, copying materials, etc.).
- Develop basic website content for CDC Foundation programs.
- Develop communications in support of the CDC Foundation’s individual giving campaigns.
- Maintain editorial calendar for CDC Foundation communications.
- Develop and update presentations and slides for CDC Foundation staff as needed.
- Support database management for the Foundation’s email communications and media outreach.
- Provide general graphic design assistance for a variety of communications, including donor emails, infographics, publications and web, as needed.
- Organize CDC Foundation photo folders and print archives.
- Update media tracking sheets and prints out/saves articles.
- Update the CDC Foundation website with job postings and maintains the staff page.
- Serve as an editor for CDC Foundation communication materials as required.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, résumé and salary requirements (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to:email@example.com. Please include "Communications Specialist” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. No hard copies, calls, faxes or personally delivered résumés will be accepted. Relocation expenses not included. Résumés will be accepted through .
The CDC Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.