Ansley Golf Club
Summary: Responsible for effectively communicating via the written word, website, and social media the news from all departments of Ansley Golf Club. Reasonably heavy interaction with members and staff, and will work with the Marketing Committee.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Membership Director
Peer Relationship: Jr. Staff.
1. Interacts with our members to create and foster open lines of communication.
2. Build and maintain a content distribution network by way of social media.
3. Manage and grow the Club’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online/social communities.
4. Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
5. Provides some administrative support to the General Manager, and the Marketing Committee Chairman, when needed.
6. Works with designer and departments to write/edit the material for the AnsleyGram, a monthly publication of the Club which is 16 to 20 pages in length, including the scanning and sizing of all artwork and photographs. Publication is made camera ready by an outside designer, who sends it back to the Club for review, prior to sending it to the printer.
7. Crisis management - identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, report to the appropriate parties.
8. Provides 30-minutes relief at the switchboard when needed.
9. Coordinates materials, correspondence for Marketing Committee. Works closely with the Committee Chairman.
10. Creates strategic marketing/communications plans for key club events/initiatives.
11. Responsible for the photography of special events and tournaments within the club. Examples of past events:
v Easter and Mothers’ Day Buffets
v Memorial Day Pool Opening
v Member Guest Golf Tournament
v July 4th Holiday Events
v Labor Day Pool Party
v Thanksgiving Holiday
v Christmas Tree Lighting
v Santa Buffet
12. Coordinates and orchestrates when needed, social events at the Club. Such as the employee departure party, and the employee holiday party.
13. Heavy design work of programs, menus brochures, flyers, posters, and general signage.
14. Works with departments such as Food and Beverage, Club Manager, Social, Golf, Athletics, and Administrations when needed on design and writing works.
15. Confidence and familiarity with printing procedures and methods; large projects will be sent out for bid via the position.
Candidate should be proficient in college-level training in communications; above average typing skills a must. Familiarity with design procedures; fluent in desktop publishing, in either an IBM-software system or a Macintosh System. Candidate should understand the social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Blogs, etc. Candidate should be willing to function in a deadline-oriented environment, and must possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Must communicate with members and staff in a relaxed and amiable yet effective manner. Candidate should have basic photography skills.