SUMMARY: To encourage students to stay in school and prepare for life by assisting CIS to communicate its activities and success stories via electronic, print and other media.
REPORTS TO: CIS Director of Development and Communications (DDC)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Volunteer/Intern
SPECIFIC DUTIES: Duties of the CIS of Atlanta Volunteer Intern include but are not limited to the following:
· Build the organization’s social media presence via Facebook and Twitter;
· Prepare (via Constant Contact) a monthly email newsletter and ensuring that the mailing list is up to date;
· Update the organization’s website with new articles and photos on a regular basis;
· Assist the DDC with the design of the organization’s annual report and information brochure;
· Complete monthly report of activities; meeting with the DDC on a regular basis;
· Attend required CIS staff meetings and training events, and other meetings as requested;
· Carry out other duties as determined by the DDC.
· Currently pursuing a degree in communication, non-profit management, or a related field;
· At least one year experience (paid OR volunteer) with a non-profit or community based organization;
· Experience creating/modifying electronic newsletters and/or websites preferred, but not required;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills; strong management and organizational skills;
· Able to work independently, meet deadlines, be resourceful and function as an effective team member;
· Valid Georgia driver’s license. Occasional travel to/from schools in south Fulton County and DeKalb County.
· Must pass a criminal background check.
HOURS: Approximately 15-18 hours per week, depending on the intern’s course requirements. Working hours will fall between ; the schedule can be modified to fit with the intern’s course schedule.