Outreach & Public Relations Coordinator, Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation, Camp Hill, PA
OVERALL SUMMARY: This position utilizes appropriate tools and strategies to advance our mission, build public awareness, attract project sponsors and partners, and to create an environment of support for our programs.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Strategy Development: Develop and implement media and marketing campaigns and activities to promote awareness, involvement, and loyalty towards PPFF and our programs.
- Coordinate direct mail and communication pieces including-could include design, editing, printing, processing, and mailing.
- Prepare/Write content for and proofread newsletters, brochures, letters and other materials for grammar, style and content.
- Assist with special event planning, sponsor solicitation, organization, and marketing. Serve as primary liaison and coordinator for annual awards banquet.
- Offer presentations to corporate lunch and learns as well as to tourism, civic and business clubs for promoting PPFF and building of partnerships.
- Work to promote PPFF and our mission through social media and our website.
- Work with the Board of Directors to assist in their outreach and fundraising endeavors
- Assist in implementing the overall PPFF development and strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain wide list of media contacts and respond to media calls in timely manner.
- Perform grant research.
Financial: Rate of $16.50-$17.00/hr; 28-30 hours per week. Benefits:
Flex time, Simple IRA after one year employment, vacation after one year employment.
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to think creatively, generate new ideas, develop strategies and follow through.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects; ability to work within budget.
- Superb written & verbal skills; able to work successfully in team environment and in small office setting. Strong organizational, administrative, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation
- Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, social media required; web design experience preferred.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evenings as necessary; travel required.
- Ability to withstand long periods of sitting, extensive computer work; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- BA or BS in public relations, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
Contact: Send resume and writing sample by , to Marci Mowery,
Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation (www.PaParksAndForests.org), 1845 Market Street, Suite 202, Camp Hill, PA 17011 email@example.com.