Seattle based boutique Public Relations firm, BYPR, is looking for an intern that is a current college/university student or recent graduate, majoring in public relations/communications. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the public relations business and work within the exciting and leading technology/mobile app market. This is unpaid but is portfolio building, can either provide experience for permanent work at other companies or could turn into a fulltime job based on client work-load and if the candidate is a good fit with the company. The position is part-time, at least 10-15 hours a week (schedule is flexible, but mainly needed between 10am-4pm Monday - Friday).
- Reliable, prompt, professional individual
- Able to commit to 10-15 hours per week
- Have reliable transportation (this includes public transportation as well – we are near several bus lines and about a mile to a Light Rail station)
- Current Public Relations student/graduate or have PR/Communications coursework history
- Must be able to multi-task, take instructions well and handle changing client needs
- Comfortable working in a home office environment
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 months of internship
- Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel & Word or Numbers & Pages)
- Internet & Mac proficient
- Professional phone etiquette (will be talking with all forms of media and top-level clients)
BYPR is an independent public relations and social media consulting agency specializing in corporate and product publicity for the consumer, technology and business-to-business markets. BYPR has worked with some of the biggest names in the business-to-business, consumer and technology markets for companies such as top-rated shopping app Zoomingo, LaserMotive, Skedi family calendar app and Naya Ventures, a venture capital firm. BYPR has also helped launch a number of start-up companies such as Rodax Software, LiftPort the Space Elevator Companies and more.
If interested, please email your cover note & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.