Chronic Illness Foundation of America, Inc. (CIFA), a non-profit health organization, is seeking a Program Intern available to work 10 hours per week. The purpose of this internship is to give an undergraduate student a unique view into both the nonprofit and radio broadcasting worlds. We Act Radio, a CIFA partner, is a local station not bound by big corporate sponsors. Please visit www.cifa-usa.org and www.weactradio.comfor more information on both organizations prior to forwarding your credentials.
This position provides a student with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations, with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the applicant’s skills and interests. NOTE: The intern’s primary focus and time will be spent focusing on the needs of the CIFA organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage fundraising mass mailings
• Manage Access database
• Maintain digital asset library
• Provide support to program staff on special projects and initiatives
• Assist with special event planning
• Assist with general office tasks as needed
• Additional CIFA-related duties as required
• Assist with assembling and creation of promos, on-air programs and website content of the radio station
• Assemble and create video “gateways” that will serve as pre-rolls for the radio stream, including but not limited to:
• Promos for the station as well as underwriting spots
• Recording air checks for review by the Internship Supervisor
• Interviewing DJ’s at the station for content on the We Act Radio website
• Assisting production staff with on- and off-air tasks. Staff includes Radio Hosts, Music Director and Program/Promotions Director.
• Create an overview of Jazz 88 video to be shown on website as well as implemented in sales pitches.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have an acute interest in healthcare and chronic disease
• Must demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills
• Must be a competent MS Office Suite user
• Preference given to junior or senior undergraduate or graduate students.
• Must be self-motivated, able to follow instructions and detail-oriented
• Must be able to assess, edi, and rewrite news stories as needed
• Must have a great attitude and be an ambassador for CIFA if sent out on assignment
Send resume to:
Chronic Illness Foundation of America, Inc.
ATTN: V. Solomon
RE: CIFA Internship Position
Deadline for submission of resume: March 31, 2013.