Merritt and Merritt Law Firm
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: The Law Offices of Merritt and Merritt seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in community outreach, marketing, and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communication.
• Help to maintain social media presence
• Participating in local community events
• Reach out to the community organizations
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing
• Planning and facilitating events including distributing materials
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably three times a week in the office.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to scwilson(at)merrittandmerritt(dot)com
Merritt and Merritt Law Firm is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.