Job Title: Communications Intern
Department: Communications, Guardian US
Location: New York, New York
Guardian US is seeking a communications intern in its New York office to assist the Director of Communications and the Senior Press Officer to help promote awareness of the Guardian, its US staff and editorial/commercial activities across the country.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Help organize events;
- Assist in writing marketing materials;
- Provide support for events and conferences;
- Help write, edit and proofread press materials and pitches;
- Research, build and manage press contacts and media contact database;
- Assist with monitoring press coverage and develop weekly/monthly media reports;
- Manage award submission and conference schedules;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of broadcast, online and print media; familiarity with social media tools;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- A proven ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Familiarity with Cision media database a plus;
About the Internship
The internship will run for twelve weeks, 40 hours/week and pay $500/week. Candidates must be able to work legally in the United States and to stay through the term of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from a variety of backgrounds.
To apply submit a resume with a cover letter detailing your interest and include one writing sample to email@example.com with “Communications Intern” in the subject line.
About the Guardian US
Guardian US is the New York-based digital arm of Guardian News & Media, and was created with the aim of combining the Guardian's internationalist, online journalism with US voices and expertise. Guardian News & Media is the publisher of the award-winning Guardian and Observer newspapers and the guardian.co.uk and guardiannews.com websites.