Account Executive, Media Relations, Comunicad, Arlington, VA
Comunicad is seeking a full-time media relations account executive, with 2-5 years of PR experience to join its vibrant, fast-paced and strategic team. The successful candidate will possess strong writing skills; have a proven track record of working with the media; be able to effectively multi-task under tight deadlines; and be a team player.
• Develop media relations materials such as press releases, talking points, reports, etc.
• Pitch English and Spanish-language print, broadcast and Internet media and coordinate spokesperson interviews
• Coordinate logistics for PR tactics such as radio media tours
• Create media lists and editorial calendars
• Conduct media monitoring and tracking for clients
• Assist in the management of social media for the agency and clients
• Participate in other tasks as needed, such as RFP drafting and editing, new business development strategizing, developing content for the
company website, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing)
• Experience with Latino or multicultural communities/media outlets
• Media relations experience with a history of successfully pitching the media
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills
• Self-motivated professional that is able to successfully prioritize numerous tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Experience (preferably professional) with social media
• Creative team player with sound judgment and a positive attitude
• Available for travel
• Agency experience is a plus
Please email cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, and references to Jessica Joisten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Media Relations Account Executive” in the subject line.