2012 Fall Public Relations Internship
Starting date: ASAP
Sustainable Atlanta is looking for an energetic and driven public relations intern! This competitive
opportunity is a full-time, 3-month commitment based on a 40-hour work week (although this is
flexible). Compensation is negotiable.
Sustainable Atlanta’s mission is to connect and leverage the work of public, private and community
organizations as we advance health and quality of life in metro Atlanta. We accomplish this by improving
cross-issue communications, convening diverse constituencies, and developing tools to facilitate
innovation and prosperity for all Atlantans.
Sustainable Atlanta’s diverse team of professionals strive to understand the forces in play in the various
sectors of Metropolitan Atlanta and to align and harness those forces in a manner that helps build a
prosperous, environmentally responsible and socially equitable future for all stakeholders.
- Research, monitor and report daily pertinent industry trends and opportunities to team.
- Increase awareness and understanding for team by reading coverage daily about Sustainable
- Atlanta stakeholders, peers and partners and reporting highlights back to team.
- Create and update media, awards, philanthropic, event, and stakeholder databases.
- Draft and coordinate production of news materials including releases, fact sheets,
- backgrounders, media alerts, e-mail correspondence, etc.
- Write and coordinate production of communications and development materials.
- Coordinate logistics and schedules for outreach events and projects through proactive outreach
- and/or on-site support.
- Manage and fulfill requests from stakeholders and influencers (journalists and bloggers), when
- Create pictorial, infographics and video library content
- Must have completed, or be studying towards, a bachelor’s degree in communications, public
- relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Thrives in a deadline-driven, work-hard/play-hard environment which requires a team‐player
- approach. Proactive, outgoing and should be able to work independently in a fast‐paced
- Able to maintain sensitive information in confidence and exercise discretion and good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; knowledge of AP style guideline
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office 2010 required
- Experience with Joomla, Wordpress, Salesforce and Prezi, is a plus
- Proficiency in using computer and standard office applications; knowledge of design programs
- (InDesign, Quark) a plus
- In-depth understanding of the evolving traditional and digital/social media landscape
- Strong writing skills. Proven editing & proof‐reading skills ‐ attention to detail.
Please indicate “2012 Fall Internship” in the subject line of the email. All submissions should include a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and any additional material/work product that you believe is highly relevant.
No phone calls please.