Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Assistant
will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of
National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC)’s communication, education, and
stakeholder engagement strategies. The Communications Assistant will
have primary responsibility for managing an extensive stakeholder
database and implementing all stakeholder outreach campaigns, and will
be responsible for identifying participants, analyzing participation
trends and contributing creative strategies to increase stakeholder
engagement. The Communications Assistant will play a role in expanding
NeHC’s online presence, including production and placement of innovative
multimedia collateral; management of website content, including creation
of some new content; and serving as community manager for NeHC’s
Collaborate online community. The Communications Assistant will work
with the Communications Manager to monitor and respond to media and
blogs, and may be responsible for some media pitching. The
Communications Assistant will also support the Senior Program Manager in
planning and production of the NeHC University professional education
program, including handling all class logistics and reporting.
Additionally, the Communications Assistant may provide some logistical
and administrative support for the work of the Nationwide Health
Information Network Exchange.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills, will
be a team player, will have a strong commitment to NeHC’s
public-oriented mission and goals, and will be highly comfortable in a
• Maintain an updated database of information regarding stakeholder
contacts, interests, affiliations and interactions
• Track and analyze stakeholder participation trends in order to ensure
balanced representation across the stakeholder population
• Implement strategies to increase NeHC’s interaction with stakeholders
and the participation of stakeholders in NeHC activities
• Coordinate with NeHC program staff to implement various NeHC
initiatives, including production of NeHC University classes
• Produce some web content and written materials for program marketing
and communication efforts (events, newsletters, surveys, etc.)
• Regularly monitor and report on print and electronic media to identify
emerging or critical issues relevant to NeHC’s strategic priorities;
pitch media as directed
• Monitor and contribute to NeHC’s social media identity in order to
increase NeHC’s brand and mission recognition and stakeholder
• Maintain and update content on NeHC website daily; monitor activities
of online community and various online registries
• Produce innovative multimedia collateral, including videos, podcasts,
and other online content
• Support the logistical and administrative needs of the Nationwide
Health Information Network Exchange
• Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, public relations,
journalism, English, or equivalent.
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills required.
• Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and
design, and the ability to multi-task.
• Comfortable with new media technologies and the social media
• Experience working with website design and database software strongly
• Highly collaborative style; must enjoy working within a team
• Strong appreciation for values of public-private partnership mission a
must; enthusiasm for start-up environment preferred but not required.
• Some nonprofit, advocacy, or political work experience desired;
interest in health IT and healthcare reform a plus.
Location: Washington, DC
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and 1-2 page
writing sample to email@example.com
accepted until Friday, May 18, 2012.