There is a paid internship available at DailyCandy, an NBC-owned company, in the PR department. DailyCandy, the insider’s guide to the sweet life locally and online, delivers 3+ million email subscriptions via 26 editions in the U.S. and London. Read about under-the-radar neighborhood joints, fashion lines, and indie events in the daily emails; visit DailyCandy.com for a roundup on the latest and greatest lifestyle trends nationwide; and experience your neighborhood in new ways with DailyCandy Deals’ exclusive savings at our favorite local businesses.
Public Relations Intern:
The public relations intern works collaboratively with the Vice President of Communications and PR Manager supporting the department and its goals to drive external PR efforts positively impacting the DailyCandy brand and DailyCandy Deals. Candidate should be a high-energy, motivated, ultra-organized DailyCandy subscriber excited to move the needle and get results. Creative thinkers with a passion for publicity and social media are a must. Strengths include excellent communications, writing and organizational skills; experienced computer skills; the ability to take initiative and pitch in when and wherever needed.
Core responsibilities include:
• Support department administratively
• Compile list of key media coverage and keep grid up-to-date monthly
• Create and maintain media lists & Act as main point of contact for vendors (i.e. Burrelles, VMS, Cision, etc.)
• Conduct research and read all relevant media & blogs
• Assist department with event planning, coordination, media pitching, etc.
If you are interested in the position, please email Andrew Rogers at ARogers@dailycandy.com and send you resume and cover letter.