Public Relations Coordinator
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
ACVB is a private, nonprofit organization created to favorably impact the Atlanta economy through conventions and tourism.
The PR Coordinator is an entry-level position that supports the public relations department on all major campaigns and handles logistics management so the department can run smoothly. The ideal candidate must be able to write clean, compelling copy and research industry trends under deadline pressure. We are looking for a team member with strong analytical skills that will make an immediate impact.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain online multi-media, pressroom.
· Facilitate media visits to ensure that coverage includes Atlanta and ACVB’s core messages.
· Draft content for media pitches and press releases.
· Research current trends in hospitality industry to keep press materials and media pitches fresh and accurate.
· Oversee internal communications to keep ACVB staff informed on industry trends and relevant news coverage.
· Develop and execute public relations campaigns to support ACVB’s annual programs.
· Manage media lists, clip reports and in-kind service reports for the department.
Requirements for this position include:
· Solid writing and the ability to create content in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills with consistent attention to detail.
· High-energy, versatile and self-directed.
· Familiarization with and regular use of social media platforms.
· Strong knowledge of Photoshop and PowerPoint.
· A minimum of one year experience in the public relations field.
· Bachelors in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
Interested candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 9.