Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Assistant will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC)'s communication, education, and stakeholder engagement strategies. The Communications Assistant will have primary responsibility for managing an extensive stakeholder database and implementing all stakeholder outreach campaigns, and will be responsible for identifying participants, analyzing participation trends and contributing creative strategies to increase stakeholder engagement. The Communications Assistant will play a role in expanding NeHC's online presence, including production and placement of innovative multimedia collateral; management of website content, including creation of some new content; and serving as community manager for NeHC's Collaborate online community. The Communications Assistant will work with the Communications Manager to monitor and respond to media and blogs, and may be responsible for some media pitching. The Communications Assistant will also support the Senior Program Manager in planning and production of the NeHC University professional education program, including handling all class logistics and reporting. Additionally, the Communications Assistant may provide some logistical and administrative support for the work of the Nationwide Health Information Network Exchange.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills, will be a team player, will have a strong commitment to NeHC's public-oriented mission and goals, and will be highly comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain an updated database of information regarding stakeholder contacts, interests, affiliations and interactions
• Track and analyze stakeholder participation trends in order to ensure balanced representation across the stakeholder population
• Implement strategies to increase NeHC's interaction with stakeholders and the participation of stakeholders in NeHC activities
• Coordinate with NeHC program staff to implement various NeHC initiatives, including production of NeHC University classes
• Produce some web content and written materials for program marketing and communication efforts (events, newsletters, surveys, etc.)
• Regularly monitor and report on print and electronic media to identify emerging or critical issues relevant to NeHC's strategic priorities; pitch media as directed
• Monitor and contribute to NeHC's social media identity in order to increase NeHC's brand and mission recognition and stakeholder participation
• Maintain and update content on NeHC website daily; monitor activities of online community and various online registries
• Produce innovative multimedia collateral, including videos, podcasts, and other online content
• Support the logistical and administrative needs of the Nationwide Health Information Network Exchange
• Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English, or equivalent.
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills required.
• Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and design, and the ability to multi-task.
• Comfortable with new media technologies and the social media environment.
• Experience working with website design and database software strongly preferred.
• Highly collaborative style; must enjoy working within a team structure.
• Strong appreciation for values of public-private partnership mission a must; enthusiasm for start-up environment preferred but not required.
• Some nonprofit, advocacy, or political work experience desired; interest in health IT and healthcare reform a plus.
Location: Washington, DC
Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org