Supports the public relations efforts of PRSA by writing press releases and statements, conducting proactive media relations and handling inquiries from the press, the public and members, expediting effective internal communications, supporting the volunteer led advocacy committee, and working with industry partners on publicity and research projects.
1. Will coordinate and implement programs involving new communications technologies including blogging, social networks and internet radio and support existing on- line technologies on PRSA’s website and media room.
2. Develops additional programming with other departments and committees and supports PRSA events as needed.
3. Will assist in communications audit.
4. Develop media lists, Write press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, Media relations-traditional and social media, Member communications, Maintain online media room
5. Work with Public Relations Associate Director and Public Relations Manager to develop strategic public relations plans to support key products and services and aid in achievement of PRSA’s strategic goals and objectives.
Requires B.A. in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or Liberal Arts. 0-2 years experience.
Should have strong verbal and written communications skills, media contacts, knowledge of internet research and familiarity with new media tools. Must be a team player and able to interact effectively with volunteer leadership.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent editing ability, strong organizational and project management skills, multi-task, Analytical, problem solver and team player.
NYC, locals only, no relocation available, no telephone calls or faxes. Candidates can respond via email with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org