Paid, full-time interns for winter/spring 2012, GYMR Public Relations, Washington, DC
GYMR Public Relations located in Washington, DC is an award-winning communications firm specializing in health, health care and social issues. Our clients include many of the nation’s most respected associations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, philanthropic organizations and health initiatives. We create
award-winning campaigns to educate key audiences on important health issues. Visit www.gymr.com to learn more.
GYMR is looking for paid, full-time interns for winter/spring 2012.
Interns are vital members of account teams and participate in a variety of client-related activities.
Responsibilities may include preparing targeted media lists, conducting research, assisting in partnership development, monitoring coverage in national and local media, participating in brainstorms and providing
administrative support. GYMR interns gain valuable experience in media relations, partnership building and health policy, and often contribute to and provide support for major events and press conferences.
Applications will only be accepted until November 23, 2011.
• Bachelor’s degree (or near completion) in communications or related field
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (including basic design, formatting, and using formulas)
• Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Ability to proofread a variety of materials quickly and effectively
• Excellent verbal and writing skills – a writing test will be administered at the time of the interview
• Strong interpersonal skills
• The position is full time – 40 hours a week at $12/hour; $480 a week.
• Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Unpaid leave for vacations, appointments, etc., can be arranged.
• Internship dates are January 2 – May 25, 2012. You must be able to work through the internship end date
Send cover letter and resume to:
GYMR Public Relations
1825 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20009