The Gbomai Bestman Founation is looking for an energetic and digtally savvy spcial media intern to increase our presence on the web! As a Social Media Intern, you will be responsible for engaging our online audience via our social media accounts on a weekly basis. Additionally, your work will consist of launching 2-3 social media campaigns to raise awareness about our mission and cause in supplement to the following responsibilities.
- Update & Maintain social media accounts
- Recommend and build a GBF presence on additional relevant social media sites
- Setup online client to manage social media accounts
- Setup Tweetlater (or other) account and populate with relevant tweets
- Provide training to GBF team on maintenance and use of selected sites
- Setup tweetbeep.com alerts
- Develop & implement social media strategies aimed at increasing awareness about GBF, our cause, events, etc.
- Set social media goals and extract insight from analytic tools (facebook insights, Twist, Twiturly, Tweeteffect)
- Be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university marketing, business or liberal arts related program or major.
- Current students must have at least a sophomore standing.
- at least 2-3 years of experience handling or personal/business social media accounts
- Experience managing a communications campaign using digital media on 1-2 platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
- Superb communicator in the digital space
- Knowledge of basic HTML code, including formatting blog postings
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Energy, creativity, and a strong work ethic also required :)
COMMITMENT & LOCATION 10 hours per week virtually and 5 hours on site.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS There is no monetary compensation for this internship. However, this internship may be eligible for college credit. Additionally, a letter of recommendation will be provided at the end of the specified term.