CARE is seeking a detail-oriented intern to work on policy and advocacy issues, assisting the Deputy Director of Government Relations and supporting the Government Relations team. The intern will help the Deputy Director with the management of a grant to work on family planning and a targeted group of Members of Congress. This will involve working with our Citizen Advocacy Team, shaping policy briefs, op-eds, etc. Having good organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal), and troubleshooting skills are critical for this position. The successful candidate will have working knowledge or interest in global poverty issues and a basic understanding of Congress.
· Assisting with drafting policy briefs and advocacy letters;
· Data entry using Congress Plus;
· Supporting CARE’s participation in partnership work;
· Supporting other CARE Government Relations staff as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in global health, public policy, or international development (Master’s Degree preferred);
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Government Relations Internship at CARE in Washington, DC
Posted by N Tindall at 11:43 AM