Edelman is looking for interns!
We are looking for interns in our Los Angeles office.
The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Basic understanding of principles of PR
· Basic understanding of clients’ business
· Participation in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
· Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
· Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
· Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
· Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
· Update media lists
· Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
· Familiarity with AP style
· Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the supervisor
· Conduct and compile research
· Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
· Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.)
To tell you a little about our internship program:
· We have one to two interns, for each practice area, at any given time.
· The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
· Interns are paid $10.00 per hour, plus overtime.
· Most of our interns are post-graduate and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:30).
Edelman is the world’s largest independent public relations firm, with wholly-owned offices in 53 cities and 3,700 employees worldwide. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade and one of its “2010 A-List Agencies” and “2010 Best Places to Work;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year” and “2009 Agency of the Year;” European Excellence Awards’ “2010 Agency of the Year;” Holmes Report’s “Agency of the Decade” and “2009 Asia Pacific Consultancy of the Year;” and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Blue (advertising), StrategyOne (research), Ruth (integrated marketing), DJE Science (medical education/publishing and science communications), and MATTER (sports, sponsorship, and entertainment). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.