Director of Communications & Public Relations
Special Olympics Connecticut
Special Olympics Connecticut, a non-profit organization providing year-round sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities seeks a Director of Communications & Public Relations in their Hamden office. The position is responsible for developing all aspects of SOCT’s publicity and promotional plan.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field or a minimum of three years experience in public relations and/or marketing.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team in order to accomplish work objectives.
· Ability to think creatively and contribute through brainstorming.
· Valid Connecticut drivers license with own transportation.
· Strong writing skills.
· Team player.
§ Responsible for media relations efforts to promote SOCT state level programs and events including development of sponsorship opportunities and media pitches with various media outlets to further increase awareness of programs and events.
§ Responsible for production of SOCT communications material, including website, public service announcements, press releases, newspaper inserts, newsletter, annual report, brochures, and event PR toolkits.
§ Serve on Crisis Communications Team.
§ Responsible for Social Media Marketing strategy and implementation of SOCT Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts.
§ Work with corporate relations and special events department to develop integrated marketing communications plans for SOCT events, title/partner sponsors, programs and fundraisers, including specific media relations plan and promotions.
§ Work with partner and title sponsor contacts to generate publicity.
§ Responsible for planning and upholding department related budget items, including annual report and general public relations.
· Assist SOCT Regions in media relations efforts to promote regional level programs and events.
· Attend senior management meetings, media sponsor related meetings, event committee meetings and others as necessary.
· Responsible for organizing and maintaining photography, clip service and videos, and corresponding detailed reports.
· Responsible for inputting media/talent appearances, PSA’s, interviews and correspondence into Raiser’s Edge.
· Perform other tasks as directed
Send resume and references to: Special Olympics Connecticut, 2666 State Street, Ste 1, Hamden, CT 06517 or fax (203) 230-1202 or e-mail email@example.com