It is our goal to be the #1 entertainment destination in the world, and we need great communicators to help make that a reality. Associate Representatives, Public Relationsassist the PR team with day-to-day office management and the execution of public relations programs.
Associate Representatives, Public Relations at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Supporting logistics and strategy for major departmental initiatives.
- Researching assignments for trends, news, or departmental brainstorming.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with assigned media outlets (i.e. pitching).
- Coordinating inter-departmental communications for projects.
- Overseeing specific initiatives, including development, strategy, and budget needs.
- Creating support media collateral such as press releases and alerts.
- Assisting in the creation and execution of flyers and other marketing media as necessary.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of an Associate Representative, Public Relations successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism preferred.
- One to three years public relations, communications, or related field experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Associate Representative, Public Relations job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently required to walk, stand; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms.
- The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Associate Representative, Public Relations job.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.