FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Associate Communications Officer in Research Triangle Park, NC or Washington DC.
The Associate Communications Officer will be a part of a team responsible for designing and implementing cutting edge visual and digital communications strategies for FHI 360 and its scientific/technical approaches in solving global health and development challenges. The successful candidate will partner with stakeholders across FHI 360 to ensure consistent identity implementation; create digital communications strategies; offer country office staff with appropriate digital solutions, and turn strategies into concrete communications plans, collaborating across the organization to ensure successful completion. Additionally, this individual will assist in the delivery of global campaigns that raise awareness of the FHI 360 brand.
· Assist the Manager, Visual & Digital to coordinate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement digital communications planning; potentially lead project management of digital communication initiatives
· Provide creative and innovative ideas in the developments and implementation of digital communications strategies
· Coordinate with FHI 360’s conference and meeting planning team to conduct live coverage of conferences and meetings.
· Work closely with the Core team to segment, generate, and quality check all communications lists for communications campaigns; Keep lists fresh and sanitized; Organically grow lists managing our brand across appropriate outlets
· Assist Manager, Visual & Digital Communications with development of online business tools for projects, departments and country offices.
· Collect and analyze monthly metrics and present to Communications Practice Group Leads
· Communicate with FHI 360’s country offices on digital communications strategies
· Assist with FHI 360’s video strategy including distributions management and consultant management
· Other digital communications tasks as needed
· Assist with fielding and answer questions about implementation of FHI 360’s visual identity
· Manage and troubleshoot all internal and external requests that come in through the identity related mailboxes
· Assist team on visual identity projects for FHI 360’s corporate and project-funded communications
· Other identity management tasks as needed
· Help develop and implement FHI 360’s social media strategy
· Participate on the FHI 360-wide Social Media Working Group
· Assist Manager, Visual and Digital Communications with development and implementation of FHI 360’s various social media initiatives
· Offer cutting edge social media strategies that compliment FHI 360’s communications needs.
· Help create and maintain a strong FHI 360 social media community
· Other social media tasks as needed
Excellent writing skills; Knowledge of cutting edge digital and social media strategies and tactics; Solid understanding of visual identity management; Passion for learning new approaches and trying new strategies; Ability to measure and improve campaigns/programs with data, insights and analysis; Ability to apply for-profit business best practices to non-profit initiatives; Experience implementing a variety of marketing communications tools; Ability to work in a direct and matrixed reporting relationships; Experience in working in various editing software a plus.Usual office working conditions; ability to travel domestically and internationally.
BA in Marketing, Communications or related discipline and 2-3 years of experience in related field or MA and 1-2 years of experience. Experience in digital marketing strategy including social media, email, SEO and SEM. Ability to analyze results of programs and derive actionable insights.