Prevent Blindness Georgia is seeking a Summer 2011 Special Events/Fundraising Intern to work 20-30 hours per week. This is a paid internship available to current Junior or Senior marketing or public relations majors.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Semester: Summer 2011 (May-August; 20-30 hours per week)
· Current Junior or Senior Marketing or Public Relations major
· Writing experience
· Creative, attentive to detail, organized and able to work within specific deadlines
· Help to coordinate and provide organizational assistance for two golf tournaments
o Maintain registration information for two golf tournaments
o Handle correspondence with golf registrants
o Assist with securing gifts and auction items
· Communicate details about events and Prevent Blindness Georgia mission through website, e-mails, PR, etc.
· Help design and produce marketing materials (i.e.: flyers, programs, newspaper ads, etc.) related to special events
· Assist with fundraising database maintenance, to include data entry, gift processing, records management and report generation
· Perform prospect research and prepare reports
· Provide support to the annual fundraising effort, to include helping to coordinate targeted direct mail and online appeals
· Assist in preparation of proposals, donor correspondence and reports
· Help coordinate on-line marketing opportunities, search engine optimization, blog entries and updates to website and social media sites
· Assist with public relations outreach and programs
· Assist with miscellaneous projects where needed
· Help with special marketing and public relations events pertaining to Prevent Blindness Georgia (i.e.: letters, flyers, press releases, etc.)
· Assist with miscellaneous projects where needed and take initiative to begin new projects
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Tolu Ogbechie at email@example.com.