External Relations and Partnerships Manager
The External Relations Manager is primarily responsible for communications and outreach to alumni members and partners in addition to all media relations including social media platforms. This position also manages certain contract and MOU partnerships, and will include limited fundraising and event planning opportunities.
AmeriCorps Alums and Points of Light Institute
AmeriCorps Alums is uniquely positioned as the only place where alumni from all streams of national service come together as a national network for continued connectivity, mobilization and impact. Uniquely positioned to be on the cutting edge of civic leadership, we are a national network of over half a million alumni from the AmeriCorps National Service Programs (including City Year, Teach For America, VISTA and NCCC). AmeriCorps Alums believes that the lifetime engagement of alumni is a transformational force for change in America’s communities.
AmeriCorps Alums is proud to be a part of the Points of Light Institute Civic Incubator. Points of Light Institute inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take action that changes the world. Points of Light Institute has a global focus to redefine volunteerism and civic engagement for the 21st century, putting people at the center of community problem solving. We are organized to innovate, incubate and activate new ideas that help people act upon their power to make a difference. Points of Light Institute operates three dynamic business units that share our mission: HandsOn Network, MissionFish, and the Civic Incubator—which includes AmeriCorps Alums and generationOn.
The External Relations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the Alumni Mobilization Manager on a daily basis.
• Manage all external communications including social media platforms, website content, newsletters and mass emails to alumni, current AmeriCorps programs and partner organizations.
• Coordinate media relations and look to elevate profile of alumni in action as well as the organization. Communicate and craft media materials for local alumni chapters and leverage national events and seasons of service.
• Manage, support and grow AmeriCorps Alums Chapters, with attention to detail and exemplary customer service. Lead the Advanced Leadership Team of alumni who will support the chapters.
• High quality client services and fulfillment responsibilities for events and partners.
• Collaborate with Mobilization Manager on maintaining high quality and efficient data management, via a sophisticated database platform.
• Manage the AmeriCorps Alums Eli Segal Award, an annual high profile award competition.
• Support fundraising and development activities for a fast-growing organization.
Qualifications and Core Skills:
• A bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional or volunteer experience including at least 1-2 years in the field of communications, marketing, and media.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Proficiency in social media platforms, blogging, and online fundraising.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet goals.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, and Outlook), knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, familiarity with HTML/ website creation knowledge a plus.
• AmeriCorps alum with in-depth understanding of AmeriCorps and national service preferred, but not required.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
• A commitment to community service, national service, and the nonprofit sector.
• Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
• Able to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently and able to address a wide variety of considerations.
This Position Description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such as the potential duties assigned by supervisors and the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the organization’s overall benefit.
Position Title: External Relations and Partnerships Manager
Department: AmeriCorps Alums
Position Reports to: Executive Director AmeriCorps Alums
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Salary: Competitive, based upon experience, with comprehensive benefits package.
MORE / LESSHOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Points of Light Institute
600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta, GA 30318
Fax: 404 574 1464
No phone calls please.