Account Staff, Simon Public Relations, Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia’s premier boutique public relations Agency seeks excellent writer and publicist ready for action. The right candidate is a buttoned-up, high-energy individual with a portfolio of strong writing samples, a can-do attitude, a knack for organization and a passion for public relations. You should be eager to pitch stories to the media and be ready to deliver outstanding client service.
Bachelors degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or Communications preferred; Liberal Arts majors will be considered. Candidates with Agency or Corporate PR internships are desired.
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and media
- Excellence in time management, multi-tasking, organization and ability to follow through with supervision
- Social media knowledge and experience
- Interest in and excitement about public relations
- Proficiency in learning various PR technologies
- Openness to continued upgrading of skills
- Mature, professional attitude and appearance
- Media relations-You research print, online and broadcast media; identify and build relationships with appropriate reporters, editors and producers; pitch local and trade targets; follow up in a timely manner; schedule interviews and drive for results.
- Research - Asking the right questions, you conduct interviews to elicit needed information. You search for information on the web, in directories and other printed resources.
- Writing-You love writing and can update and craft news releases, media alerts, pitch letters, press kits, fact sheets, photo
captions and other materials that are accurate, creative and command attention.
- Project management-You meet deadlines and keep everything on track including juggling multiple accounts and responsibilities.
- Reporting-You show progress and success through informal updates and written activity reports.
- Merchandising - You track, collect, merchandise and maintain libraries of publicity results.
- Photography - You shoot and/or identify best photos, edit them as necessary, provide IDs and maintain photo libraries.
- Social media-You come to the job with a social media vocabulary, and you have the interest and drive to apply it to client
and Agency opportunities.
Contact: Send your cover letter, resume and your two best public relations writing samples (news releases, feature stories, media alerts) to Simon Public Relations Operations Administrator Sydina Williams at email@example.com or 200 South Broad Street, Suite 1160; Philadelphia, PA 19102.