UFCW International Union, Temporary Communications Specialist, Washington D.C.
Writes and edits materials and graphics using new media and traditional communication sources. Assist in the administration of the UFCW web site, including posting material, site development, and maintenance. Assists with UFCW video production, including capturing and editing video.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes articles, fliers, brochures, news releases, letters, web postings, talking points, fact sheets and other campaign materials.
- Maintains campaign websites, blogs and email lists.
- Assists in the research and preparation of data needed for UFCW communications materials.
- May assist with photographing and videotaping UFCW events, developing story lines, and interviews members, local leaders and International Officers.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of one year of experience, including writing, editing, and web site administration.
- Able to write, prepare and edit in a creative and clear manner under direct supervision.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Photo Shop and other graphic editing tools.
- Understands the principles and practices of communications.
- Familiarity with principles of the labor movement.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Duration:* Up to six (6) months. Posting closes when position is filled.
Submit résumé and cover letter: *HERE
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).