Communications Intern, BAE Systems Land & Armaments, York, PA
The communications department at BAE Systems in York, PA is responsible for employee communications, media relations, community relations, charitable giving and special event planning and execution. The department is run by the Site Communications Manager and this is to who the intern will be reporting to.
The primary duties of the intern will be to research, write and edit news articles and work on the layout of weekly site employee newsletter. They will also be responsible for taking and editing photos and assisting with special event planning and execution.
Other tasks might be assigned. To be considered for the position the potential candidate must be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a degree in communications or a journalism-related field. The internship would be for the summer working full time. If interested in the position, please submit your resume and two writing samples.
Required Education / Experience:
1. Experience/ability in researching, writing and editing news articles.
2. Accuracy and attention to detail.
3. Capability to achieve results with limited supervision is preferred.
4. Experience in layout of employee newsletter or similar publication in Microsoft Word.
5. Experience/ability in researching, writing and editing news articles; accuracy and attention to detail and capability to achieve results with limited supervision is preferred.
6. Ability in taking and editing photographs using photo software.
7. Special event planning and execution.
8. Working experience in the defense industry or military service.
BAE Systems Land & Armaments, U.S. Combat Systems is a world-leading developer and producer of a full spectrum of gun systems, weapon launching systems and containers, as well as armored combat systems, such as the Bradley Combat System and next-generation systems for manned and unmanned ground vehicles. Technology developments in composite materials, hybrid electric power systems, integrated vehicle survivability, crew station design, training systems and other features position the organization at the forefront for future ground combat system developments. Business, engineering, and production leaders focus on customer needs and maintaining the highest levels of integrity across the breadth of its operations. U.S. Combat Systems has over 6,000 employees in multiple locations in the U.S.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ... BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ... http://www.baesystems.jobs/job_detail.asp?JobID=1788749