Marketing Assistant, Acorn Media Group, Silver Spring, MD
Love working in public relations? Are you upbeat & energetic? A
Acorn Media Group seeks an enthusiastic, energetic Marketing Assistant
to work in the sales & marketing dept. The primary focus of the
position will be to support the Senior Publicity Manager in generating
comprehensive press coverage at both a corporate and a brand level.
Position duties include:
• Increase press coverage for Acorn Media, Acacia, and Athena DVDs,
through outreach to print, broadcast, and online media;
• Develop strong relationships with and effective pitches to select
• Research and write select DVD press releases and monthly release
• Compile and organize weekly clip emails to staff, including scanning &
archiving all press hits;
• Read fitness and women’s magazines and brainstorm non-DVD specific
ways to get coverage for our talent as experts;
• Coordinate and track large press mailings through our distribution
• Maintain the Access press database, and research new press to add;
• Work closely with Acacia talent to seek out creative press
opportunities, including keeping track of their travel schedules and
fostering their relationships with key magazines; and
• Compile, research, and pitch press lists based on DVDs’
Position requirements include:
• Bachelors degree, preferably in a marketing-related field;
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a publicity department, ideally
an entertainment or media company, or comparable experience;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including listening
skills, coupled with a collaborative approach;
• Superb organizational skills combined with meticulous attention to
• Experience or personal interest in the mind, body, fitness
marketplace, interest in British TV programming a plus.
Intelligence, curiosity, sense of humor, and engagement all necessary
for success in our environment. Entrepreneurial attitude a plus.
Enjoyable business-casual office in Silver Spring, MD. 1 block to Metro.
Great benefits including liberal vacation/sick leave, 9+ legal
holidays, birthday off with pay, medical/dental/vision insurance, and
ACORN MEDIA U.S.
& CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 650
Silver Spring, MD 20910
To apply, you must submit the following to HRManager@acornmedia.com:
resume, cover letter, writing sample (press release preferred), and
media placement examples. Submit as attachments in .doc, .docx, or .pdf
format & put “mktg asst” in the subject line. Resumes submitted without
the other required items will not be considered. No calls please. EOE.